Radical Vitality involves making a shift at our very foundation, at the root of our being. There may be ambivalence, fear or tension that has infiltrated into the root of our being. Thus in yoga practice, we must take a leap of faith to move through our fear and come to a place of true acceptance and optimal vitality. Who else beside Hanuman, the super-vital-yogi-monkey-god, to help us break through the barrier of fear and doubt? We cannot give our best to others unless we move through our own barriers. Hanuman’s courage and fortitude serves in the process of breaking through barriers. In this sequence, you will build Radical Acceptance and self power. In Hanumanasana, you will imbue your kidneys with energy, move prana up through your spine and burst open your heart. This vital force builds fortitude via the back arch converting sluggishness and heaviness to lightness and buoyancy. In this great stretch, you will first release into the earth in order to ground your root energy (mula bandha) before flying upward into the heart. Finally, by lifting your arms and chin you ascend upward to the heavens.
Activate Vitality with this recipe for Maca Matcha Balls!
Enjoy this super food with potent ingredients that can bring longevity, endurance, vitality, and energy to your life. This treat supports a healthy immune system as well as bone health, helps to regulate hormones, and increases libido. High in essential fatty acids, these balls also fight carcinogens. Bon appetit!
- 1.5 cups medjool dates
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup raw hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup raw Brazil nuts
- 3 teaspoons maca powder
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons matcha tea powder
- 3 teaspoons of goji berry powder
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sparkling water
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Place dates in food processor or vitamix, mix with pulsing action until dates congeal.
- Add raw cacao and coconut oil to help emulsify. Set aside.
- Grind almonds, set aside. Grind hemp seeds, set aside. Grind Brazil nuts set aside. Mix.
- Add all ingredients together. Blend until mixture congeals into a ball.
- Add honey, sparkling water and salt. Mix and remove.
- Mixture will be oily. Press and mold with hands until a solid ball forms
- Now begin to form small balls with your hands. Place balls on plate and sprinkle matcha on top for delicious, unique flavor (sifter works great for dusting)
- Bring your own sense of flavor and vitality to this recipe – feel free to add a touch more of these ingredients as needed!