Satisfy your sweet cravings with this delicious Cranberry-Apple Crisp.
6 cups thinly sliced apples (about 2lbs)
½ cup to 1 cup of fresh cranberries
1 TBSP lemon juice
3 TBSP apple juice
3 TBSP arrowroot powder
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
1 cup walnuts
1 cup rolled oats
½ spelt flour
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
5 TBSP unrefined coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup or maple syrup or yucon syrup (low glycemic sweetner)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix filling ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine
- For the topping, coarsely ground walnuts. Mix the nuts, oats, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together the vanilla with the oil. Stir the oil into the dry ingredients. Add sweetener and mix well.
- Place the filling in a lightly oiled 9 in baking sheet, lightly pack the fruit.
- Cover with the topping and press down gently.
- Bake 30-40 min or until fruit is soft
- Cool 10 min before serving
Eat and Enjoy!