This is a perfect savory soup to warm your body on a cold winter’s night! This simple recipe will add fuel to your internal fire and provide lasting energy. Serve with local delicious sourdough bread!
4 T Olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
4-5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp chili powder
4 – 5 cups vegetable broth
1 cup coconut milk, canned
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pot on medium heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic, sauté until slightly golden.
- Add the spices and stir for another minute.
- Add the sweet potato and carrots, keep stirring for 5- 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add vegetable broth, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Take off the heat, then use a blender to puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh parsley, toasted gluten free bread, and drizzle of your favorite specialty oil.