Winter’s Night Soup | Creamy Sweet Potato & Carrot
Perfect savory soup to warm your body to the core on a cold winter’s night!
4 T coconut oil
1 onion, diced
1-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
4-5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
1 t cumin
1 t coriander
1 t salt
½ t black pepper
½ t red pepper flakes
5 c vegetable broth
1 c coconut milk, full fat
1 lime, juiced
½ c fresh cilantro, chopped
1 T fresh ginger minced
- Heat coconut oil in a heavy pot over medium heat and add finely chipped onions sauté until slightly brown.
- Then add diced sweet potatoes and chopped carrots, cook for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add sautéed minced garlic, cumin, coriander and salt, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and coconut milk, cook for another 10 minutes.
- Taste for salt and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and purée until thick and creamy. Serve with fresh cilantro, lime juice and red chili flakes.