From the Ground Up | Online Immersion
April 28 - May 9
In this module we begin by opening to mystery, to the power of now and the practice of presence. We start the embodiment journey from the feet to the crown of the head. We study the amazing, ever-changing fluid matrix of the fascia and how it provides support for all structures of the body. Pivoting off the theme of connective tissue, we study inter-dependency. That is, how all beings are woven together by shared experience and thus, our responsibility to understand the larger cultural context in which we practice and teach. In the body, we build our temple from the ground up, so that the architecture of the feet establish integral alignment for the ankles, knees, hips and spine. Through floor work, standing poses and prop work, we open the pathway of energy through the legs. We emphasize self practice, self inquiry, and meditative wisdom to generate compassion and tolerance in order to meet the needs of diverse populations and to create inclusive and healing spaces for our students. Mindfulness of body, breath and sensation is the basis for all we do.
In this module we synthesize the foundational teachings on mindfulness from the early Buddhist tradition with the vibratory power and effulgence of yogic discipline.
Join Tias, Surya, and Djuna in this transformational journey!
Course of Study:
- The body’s five myo-fascial sheaths
- Biomechanical function of the plantar fascia, metatarsals and ankles
- Invoking the Three Jewels: the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha
- Vibration, nadis and and the power of mantra
- Honoring the roots of yoga
- Yoga and the art of listening
- Mindfulness of sensation and bodily pulsation
- Insight meditation
- Warrior, half-moon, triangle, and flank pose
- Honoring your signature shape
- Building the body of ease: Restorative Yoga
- Introduction to the Sanskrit language
Daily Live Zoom Sessions:
- April 28 – May 2, 2021 | 9:30am – 1:30pm Mountain Time
- May 5 – 9, 2021 | 9:30am – 1:30pm Mountain Time
Weekly Live Practices:
- Tuesdays, April 27 & May 4 | 10:00 – 11:30am Mountain Time
- Thursdays, April 29 & May 6 | 9:00 – 10:00am Mountain Time
- Fridays, April 30 & May 7 | 10:00 – 11:30am Mountain Time
**This is the first module of our 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Certification Program and counts as 60 hours/CE credits through Yoga Alliance
**Live attendance is required for Yoga Alliance credit
*All daily live sessions will be recorded and available in the Curriculum should you be unable to attend live.