Hands on Adjustments & the Art of Sequencing
March 16, 2021 - March 21, 2021
The body compensates with pulls, rotations, shifts and torques. To see the body’s asymmetries and strain patterns under your hands is an art. Knowing how to use your hands to adjust and guide students is an essential skill for any class setting or private instruction. This course helps you to develop a discriminating eye and skillful touch when directing students toward greater opening. Throughout this session, Tias refers to his training in massage and deep tissue work to cover the principles of myofascial release work within yoga postures.
Course of Study:
- Identify postural dynamics in the legs, pelvis, shoulders and spine, and recognize strain patterns through visual assessment
- Gain confidence in your touch to support, guide and release the body through manual assist
- Study fundamentals of applying pressure and force in more than one direction at a time
- Learn to guide students deeper into twisting poses, back-bends and side-bends
- Practice techniques to adjust students in restorative poses, as well as how to “adjust” them with the use of props
- Review the essentials of therapeutic touch, including a special session on the use of tuning forks and pressure point release.
The Art of Sequencing
Careful and intelligent sequencing creates an authentic, skillful yoga class. Without proper sequencing, a class can leave you ungrounded, imbalanced and potentially nauseated! Like a good chef who knows how to skillfully combine food, the mindful yoga teacher blends poses to create a feeling of wholeness. This course helps teachers design safe, intelligent and creative sequences.
Course of Study:
- Design intelligent sequences involving themed classes, pose combinations, class pacing, and duration of holds
- Master the “Entry and Exit”, learning how to open and close a class by weaving together mindfulness, meditation and restorative yoga
- Use props
- Avoid posture combinations that cause strain and aggravation
- Teach with a theme and design classes for the hip joints, shoulders, low back, etc.
- Combine symmetrical and asymmetrical postures
- Integrate the “Central Axis” – sequencing toward and away from the mid-line of the body
Cost: Early Bird Special: $1,255.50 + tax (before February 15, 2021), Regular Price: $1,395 + tax
**If you’ve completed this course before, you are eligible for an additional 15% off of the Early Bird Price! Email to email@example.com to access this discount.
Hands-On Adjustments and The Art of Sequencing is a prerequisite for students assisting Tias or other Prajna Teachers in workshops, trainings, and conferences.
Hands-On Adjustments and The Art of Sequencing is a requirement for students completing the 500-Hour Prajna Yoga Teacher Certification.