SATYA 1 – Sensory Awareness Training for Yoga Attunement
September 9 - September 14
In a totally unique way, SATYA practice opens doorways into the interior, providing new pathways of perception and feeling. It guides students away from “doing” movement and toward sensing, receiving and “being” movement. As an adjunct to yoga practice, somatic awareness leads to embodied wisdom. During SATYA 1, students will learn the key principles and embody the foundational movements of the SATYA practice.
- How to cultivate essential sensory-motor awareness by experiencing small movements out of gravity.
- The way SATYA movements benefit the lower back.
- The effects of SATYA on the iliopsoas and spine.
- The anatomy of the five myo-fascial sheaths and how to use the SATYA movements combined with asana practice to develop an awareness of each sheath.
- How to be in “The Pause” and experience the importance of not doing.
- Reduce body fatigue.
- Address low back pain.
- The importance of spirals and counter spirals.
- “It’s all about the joints”: working with the tendons, ligaments and joint spaces.
- Being in the “Pause”: the importance of not-doing.
- How gravity can be your friend.
- How to “ride the edge” through small movements.
SATYA 1 is open to all students although Session I: From the Ground Up is recommended as SATYA movements for the five myo-fascial sheaths (lateral, dorsal, ventral, spiral and core) are covered.
SATYA 1 is a prerequisite for SATYA 2 and SATYA 3.
Daily schedule: 8:30am-5:30pm (45 hours)
Cost: Early Bird: $1,255.50 + tax (before July 31, 2020), Regular Price: $1,395 + tax
**If you’ve completed this course before, you are eligible for an additional 15% off of the Early Bird Price! Email to email@example.com to access this discount.