- This event has passed.
SATYA 1 – Sensory Awareness Training for Yoga Attunement
April 10, 2019 - April 15, 2019
TIAS & SURYA LITTLE with SARAH GUSTAFSON
Daily schedule: 8:30am-5:30pm (45 hours)
*The last day of training (April 15th) ends at 1:00pm
In a totally unique way, SATYA practice opens doorways into the interior, providing new pathways of perception and feeling. It guides students away from “doing” movement and toward sensing, receiving and “being” movement. As an adjunct to yoga practice, somatic awareness leads to embodied wisdom. During SATYA 1, students will learn the key principles and embody the foundational movements of the SATYA practice.
- How to cultivate essential sensory-motor awareness by experiencing small movements out of gravity.
- The way SATYA movements benefit the lower back.
- The effects of SATYA on the iliopsoas and spine.
- The anatomy of the five myo-fascial sheaths and how to use the SATYA movements combined with asana practice to develop an awareness of each sheath.
- How to be in “The Pause” and experience the importance of not doing.
- Reduce body fatigue.
- Address low back pain.
- The importance of spirals and counter spirals.
- “It’s all about the joints”: working with the tendons, ligaments and joint spaces.
- Being in the “Pause”: the importance of not-doing.
- How gravity can be your friend.
- How to “ride the edge” through small movements.
SATYA 1 is open to all students although Session I: From the Ground Up is recommended as SATYA movements for the five myo-fascial sheaths (lateral, dorsal, ventral, spiral and core) are covered.
SATYA 1 is a prerequisite for SATYA 2 and SATYA 3.
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga as we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe and must be used within one year of the applied credit.
- All retail sales are final.
Early Bird Special: $1,255.50 + tax (before January 31, 2019)