SATYA 2 | Online Immersion
February 17, 2021 - February 28, 2021
Once you have felt the power of SATYA you will want to continue to soak in further. In SATYA 2, you will learn more complex sequencing, more nuanced variations of movement, and more about the physiological benefits. For those wishing to integrate SATYA into their teaching, SATYA 2 and 3 are a must.
In-depth Sensory Awareness Training for Yoga Attunement (SATYA) practices compliment asana practice while deeply restoring the body. They open the joint spaces, build sensory-motor awareness, re-educate the neural-muscular system and help develop bi-lateral symmetry.
This training lays out the essentials for how to sequence the SATYA movements and how to combine them with asana. We learn how to practice and teach the movements beginning with the simplest forms and leading to greater complexity. We study the healing potential of the movements and their effects on the Five Sheaths.
COURSE OF STUDY:
- Learn to use SATYA movements to prepare the body for asana
- Design SATYA sequences to release specific areas of the body (e.g., lower back, hips, shoulders, and neck)
- Design SATYA sequences that include both SATYA and asana
- Learn how SATYA adjusts the spinal joints: ligaments, facets, and tendons
- Study how SATYA supports pulsatory rhythms in the body
- Discover how SATYA works as a kind of “visceral manipulation”
- Learn how SATYA supports circulation of blood and lymph
- Learn how to heal the body through savasana and SATYA
- Dharma practice: Working with Hindrances
- Part 1: Daily Live Zoom Meetings February 17 – 21, 9:30am – 12:30pm MST
- Break: February 22 & 23: OFF
- Part 2: Daily Live Zoom Meetings February 24 – 28, 9:30am – 12:30pm MST
*Included in this course is access to the Prajna Live classes at 10:00 – 11:30am MST on Tuesdays, February 16 and 23, and Fridays, February 19 and 26.
**Please note ALL Live Zoom sessions and classes will be recorded should you be unable to attend any live streams
**To be eligible for SATYA 2, students must have completed SATYA 1.