- This event has passed.
Session II: The Fluid Body
June 24, 2019 - June 28, 2019
Daily schedule: 8:30am-5:30pm (40 hours)
The body is 75 percent water, and as we age, the body slowly loses its hydrating capacity. This session is taught by Djuna Mascall and explores flexibility through fluidity. We will investigate:
- How tissue hydration is essential to our vitality by directing blood flow in the yoga postures
- How heart, lungs and diaphragm drive the body fluids
In our study, we include myths from the yoga tradition that describe the curative power of water.
Course of Study:
- Bio-mechanical actions of the hands, arms and shoulders in yoga
- The third chakra, the kidneys and adrenal glands
- The upper trunk including the sternum, shoulders, arms, diaphragm, brachial plexus, heart/lung and carpal tunnel
- Mobilization techniques for the ribs, spine and shoulders
- Shoulder openers and arm balance preparations
- Backbends, inversions and arm balances
- The myo-fascial matrix and the five myo-fascial sheaths that spiral around the trunk and arms
- Nadis, meridians from Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda marma points that relate to the arms and upper trunk
- Sensitizing the diaphragm, ribs and lungs for pranayama
- Maya and illusion and the inquiry of what is real
- Water, transformation and the power of myth
- The story of Siddhartha and teachings on karma, inter-dependency and nonjudgmental awareness
The Fluid Body is a requirement for students fulfilling the 200-hr Prajna Yoga Teacher Training.
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga as we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe and must be used within one year of the applied credit.
- All retail sales are final.
Early Bird Special: $1,255.50 + tax (before April 15, 2019)