- This event has passed.
Session IV: Cultivating the Mindful Teacher
October 9, 2019 - October 14, 2019
The aim of this session is to provide the student with the practical skills and creativity to teach a well organized, clear and inspiring class. We help teachers who are already teaching bring greater depth and variety to their classes.What makes Prajna Yoga unique is how Prajna instructors weave together asana, mindfulness, internal alignment and wisdom. We help teachers develop the skills to teach a class that is not simply a physical workout but a class that is multi-layered. This session provides you with the practical skills and creativity to teach in a way that is physically rewarding, mindful, and spiritually uplifting.
Skillful language: learn to guide students with verbal clarity
The power of metta: teaching from kindness, tolerance and acceptance How to teach a well organized, clear and inspiring class Learning to “hold the space” within a classroom
Coping with challenge: how to address conflict in the classroom
It’s not only about asana: learning to skillfully integrate meditation, chanting, dharma wisdom, sutras and somatic awareness into your classes.
When teaching guided classes, we encourage teachers to command a class through both intensity and gentleness. Considerable time is spent on teacher practicum and for trainees to receive feedback on how to use clear and precise language, to teach through tone of voice and to “hold the space” within a classroom. We provide the foundation for how to integrate anatomical study into the classroom setting, including how to use anatomical images and how to teach living anatomy. In addition, we cover the ways a teacher can integrate sutras, poetry, chant and teachings from the yoga tradition and buddha dharma into the classroom experience.
*Session IV is a requirement for students fulfilling a 300/500-hr Prajna Yoga Teacher certificate.
October 9 – 14, 2019
*Last day ends at 1pm
- Early Bird Special: $1255.50 + tax (before June 30, 2019)
- Regular Price: $1395 + tax
- Includes: training manual/handouts, vegan lunch, snacks, filtered water & tea
Prajna Yoga’s Financial Policy:
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga, we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe.
- All retail sales are final.