- This event has passed.
The Art of Self Practice
May 13, 2019 - May 18, 2019
Daily schedule: 8:30am-5:30pm (45 hours)
*The last day of training (May 18th) ends at 1:00pm
There is no greater gift in yoga than having a daily home practice. A creative, dynamic and steady home practice is like having a life long confidant and friend. In the Yoga Sutras it is said that one should practice “for a long time and without interruption”. Getting to the mat everyday requires regular practice, whether at home, in a hotel room or when visiting your in-laws. A strong personal practice is at the root of becoming a skilled teacher. At Prajna Yoga we believe that a home practice is a necessary ingredient for becoming a skilled teacher. Yet how does one build a regular self-practice? And how to keep a practice fresh, dynamic and innovative? How can one continue to expand their repertoire of poses while diversifying their practice? This course lays the groundwork for establishing a regular and rewarding home practice.
Course of Study
- Adapt a practice in accordance with your individual needs (e.g., age, energy levels, experience etc.)
- Consult with Surya and Tias individually during practice sessions in order to design practices that best suit you
- Build a practice that is an antidote to fatigue
- Design a self practice to support sleep
- Learn to modify poses and use props in your home practice
- Learn to modify your practice to cope with muscular-skeletal strain
- Integrate both active and restorative practices into your routine
- Establish a steady meditation practice in conjunction with SATYA and asana practice
- Learn to utilize a personal practice for teaching purposes
- For teachers, self practice time is to integrate and assimilate what you learn in class
- Learn to practice according to your Ayurvedic constitution
- Using the practice to balance the emotional body
- Learn to practice in the morning and evening
The Art of Self Practice is a requirement for students fulfilling the 300-hr and 500-hr Prajna Yoga Teacher Training.
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga as we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe and must be used within one year of the applied credit.
- All retail sales are final.
Early Bird Special: $1,255.50 + tax (before February 28, 2019)