- This event has passed.
The Heart of Silence – FULLY BOOKED/WAITLISTED
December 11, 2019 - December 14, 2019$695
A Prajna Yoga Silent Retreat
Wednesday-Friday: 9:30-5:30 pm (Friday includes evening meditation until 6:30pm)
We are in a time when deep practice is necessary to heal the schisms that persist all around us. “In an age of constant distraction, nothing is so luxurious as paying attention”, wrote Pico Iyer. In the midst of political and social unrest, feelings of fracture and division get embodied. This silent retreat is designed to bring us back to our very source—our breath, bone and spirit. Through silence we are able to touch a part of ourselves that typically gets overlooked and forgotten. When thoughts, feelings get stuffed inside, they can wreck havoc on the subtle body. This retreat will give support to an entire spectrum of feeling states in order to reclaim ourselves. For in silence, the heart’s own truths come to the surface. Through sitting practice, SATYA, asana, and walking meditation we allow the winds of the heart to roam freely. In the support of sangha, holding the noble silence together, we move through cycles of healing, for in silence we commune in the midst of both personal and collective loss. The alchemy of silence allows for the psyche to become unburdened. This gives us tremendous energy of renewal, in order to be in the world with a sense of confidence, courage and hope. Two of these silent retreats are required for candidates of the Prajna Yoga 500 hour program.
Silent Retreat Format
- Students hold noble silence while Tias and Surya guide
- Practice days weave movement with stillness: SATYA, asana and seated meditation
- Seated meditation sessions
- Indoor and outdoor walking meditations
- Savasana meditation
- Standing meditation
- Holding silence throughout day: upon arrival, over lunch and in the evening
- Sitting with dharma passages to help clarify the nature of the heart-mind
A silent yoga immersion is a potent means to deepen one’s practice. Through the support and power of the sangha, we will also remain in social silence outside the class sessions in order to allow a deepening of our relationship to ourselves, to nature and to simple tasks such as walking and eating. A silent retreat enables each of us to become more focused in the present. Removed from the demands of our daily rhythms and responsibilities, we hold sacred silence together.
The retreat time is an invaluable way to nourish ourselves, while establishing an antidote for the “habit body and habit mind.” Sustained silence is a traditional means to recognize and discard unhealthy habits of thinking, speaking and perceiving and to realize new capacities for compassionate action in the world.
Participation in silent retreats is required for students completing the 300-hr and 500-hr Prajna Yoga Teaching Trainings.
Please read before purchasing any events with Prajna Yoga as we have a firm financial policy.
- A non-refundable/non-transferable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
- If a deposit was placed, the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the first day this event.
- Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the start of any event, will receive a refund credit to your internal Prajna Yoga account, on any amount paid minus the non-refundable/non-transferable deposit.
- No refunds or credits within 30 days of the event.
- Account credits can only be used for events at Prajna Yoga in Santa Fe and must be used within one year of the applied credit.
- All retail sales are final.