The Path of Practice plants the seeds for becoming a yoga teacher, should it be your calling to become a yoga guide. Whether you teach or not, this is a path toward embodied wisdom. For those who wish to teach, we prepare you to teach both on-line and in person classes. Rather than a prescription for how to teach a given system of yoga, we invite you to cultivate a language of yoga that articulates the body in asana and pranayama and incorporates the study of poetry, sutras, myths and chanting. It is a journey that leads right to the heart of being.
Begin to Refine
Begin Here Now.
Take your first step on the extraordinary journey through the body-mind. Each session will deepen your personal practice while providing insight into the beauty, richness, and complexity of the yoga tradition.
Pathway 1 provides the map to the layout of the land. It is an invitation to cultivate a language of yoga that articulates the body in asana and pranayama and incorporates the study of poetry, sutras, myths, and chanting. It is a journey that leads right to the heart of being.
We invite you to take an amazing journey on the Path of Practice. This is an opportunity for you to come to Santa Fe…. Virtually! While many of you have wished to do our training in Santa Fe over the years now for the first time, we are making our training available to you in your living room. Rather than cramming the material in, we will take three months to explore the teaching. So in a relaxed and time honored way you can integrate all that you learn into your life.
Busy? You will have time to go at your own pace. Can’t make the Live Class? Then you can catch the recording. We have consolidated 25 years of teaching into a program format that you can work through at your own pace. Plus you can return to the content for years to come to refresh your memory and recharge your practice and teaching.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Yoga Anatomy
- Nadis and Chinese Medicine Meridians
- Intro to the Chakras
- Yin practice intro to SATYA
- Restorative Yoga
- The Eightfold Path of the Buddhist teachings
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Coping with Anxiety
- Women’s Health and Yoga
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- The Yoga of Sound: Chanting and Vibration
- Language of Yoga, Sanskrit
- Sequencing, Props, Conducting a Class
- Trauma and the Brain
At this time in history we face immense challenges. In light of an international health crisis, social injustice and political instability and the move toward on-line learning, we have updated our foundational yoga teacher training program to meet the needs of the day.
Right from the get-go, this course of study will take you on a remarkable journey. You will discover new landscapes within the body-mind connection, leading to a fountain of knowledge that can be shared in the teaching context. Each week will deepen your personal practice as you gain insight into the beauty, depth and splendor of the yoga tradition. Our approach is classical, yet multidimensional. We see the body-mind through a contemporary lens and bring mindfulness and meditative flow to all we do. We study the fascia of the body, the vitality of the bones, sensory awareness and the flow of prana. In the midst of great division and discrimination in the world today, our mission is to build integrity, honesty and wakefulness for a more compassionate world.
- BONUS CLASSES: With registration, you will receive free Prajna Live classes on Tuesdays and Fridays at 10:00 – 11:30am MT surrounding the immersion, each of which will compliment the 200-Hour trainings
- LIVE ZOOM: Each session contains live Zoom meetings & lectures with Tias & Surya and Prajna Yoga senior teachers, and a library of supplemental material at your fingertips
- RECORDINGS AVAILABLE: All live sessions will be recorded and available to in the Curriculum you should you be unable to attend live
200-HOUR CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
- Have consistent yoga practice for a minimum of two years
- Apply and be accepted to the 200-Hour Prajna Yoga Teacher Training
- Complete The Path of Practice: Online 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Complete the remaining hours. This can be accomplished by doing one or more of the following:
- Take a Prajna Yoga Course, Meditation or Silent Retreat, or Prajna Yoga’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Attend any of the various Prajna Yoga courses, teacher trainings, and/or weekend immersions (Please note: for 200-Hour candidates, up to 10 hours can be applied for workshops given by Prajna Yoga Teachers)
- Private sessions with Surya or Tias
*Students who complete our 200-Hour Teacher Training will receive a Prajna Yoga 200-Hour Teacher Certificate and are eligible to be registered with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200).
All students seeking certification with Prajna Yoga are responsible for keeping track of their course work and hours completed. You can download the log sheet by clicking here. It is advised that students print out a Certification Log and keep it updated.
Upon completion of all requirements, please send this log along with any other supporting documentation indicated above to the Prajna Yoga office at [email protected]
“I loved getting to see how refined and honed the programs are at Prajna. It was such a joy to see Tias and Surya display such mastery in assembling and disassembling the information together.”