The Prajna 300/500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training will hone your teaching skills to become an expert leader in mindfulness, somatic awareness, and yoga therapy. Gain the confidence and knowledge to offer creative, multi-faceted classes that include therapeutic posture work and manual assists. Learn how to help students get grounded…and help them to fly.
You can apply and register here.
Now it is time to take the plunge. Expand what you know and go deeper. Through penetrating practice, scientific rigor, and profound contemplation, take your dedicated practice to a whole other level. Make your practice and teaching be about constant discovery and surprise.
Our 300/500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is a professional training to become a highly skilled yoga teacher, designed to round out and solidify a teacher’s education. This training consists of 300 hours of Yoga Alliance-approved content within sessions and in-depth studies that are designed to advance your practice and enhance your teaching skills and repertoire.
This program is for students who wish to become a Yoga Alliance 500-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT500), a 300-Hour Prajna Yoga Teacher, a Certified 500-Hour Prajna Yoga Teacher, or for devoted practitioners who wish to deepen their practice and study to “cultivate insight” or “prajna.”
Our 300-Hour Program is a “bridge program” for students who have completed a 200-Hour program with another studio. Our 500-Hour Program is for students who have completed the Prajna Yoga 200-Hour program.
Students can take any combination of the following courses to earn the 300/500-Hour Prajna Yoga Certificate:
Prajna Yoga’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
Requirements to complete the 300-Hour Prajna Yoga Teacher Training:
- Have a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training certification either through Prajna Yoga or another school.
- Apply for and be accepted to the 300-Hour Prajna Yoga Teacher Training.
- Complete any combination of the following courses for a total of 270 Contact Hours:
- Cultivating the Mindful Teacher
- The Art of Sequencing & Creative Adjusting
- The Art of Healing
- Anatomy of the Vayus
- Prajna Yoga’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- SATYA 1
- The Art of Self Practice
- Anatomy of the Chakras
- Healing the Organic Body
- Complete the remaining 30 Non-Contact Hours through a combination of the following:
- Attend any Prajna Yoga sponsored workshop, teacher training, class or retreat offered in U.S., Europe & Asia. (Please note: for 500-Hr candidates, up to 20 hours can be applied for workshops given by Prajna Yoga Teachers.) Can include hours received from Prajna Yoga Silent Retreats.
- Participate in the Apprenticeship Program (a requirement, see below).
- Private sessions with Surya or Tias
- Participate in the Mentorship Program with Tias
- Dharma Talks at Mountain Cloud or Upaya Zen Center in Santa Fe, NM
- Have 150 hours of teaching experience
- Provide one 2 X 2 color head shot photo in digital format
- Video Assessment. A 1-hr minimum all-levels DVD video of you teaching a yoga class. See Video requirements.
- Attend 2 silent meditation retreats in Vipassana, Zen, Dzogchen traditions, or Prajna Yoga.
- Total time for the retreats is a minimum of six days and one of those retreats must be attended at Prajna Yoga.
- To ensure that silent retreat hours not at Prajna Yoga are eligible for training hours, please contact the Prajna Yoga office to get pre-approval.
- Pass the Prajna Yoga take-home final exam
Prerequisites to Become a Certified 500-Hour Prajna Yoga Teacher:
If you’d like to apply your 300-Hour Prajna Yoga Teacher Training to becoming a Certified 500-Hour Prajna Yoga Teacher, you are required to attend Sessions 1, 2, and 3 from the 200-Hour Prajna Yoga Teacher Training even if you have a 200-Hour certification from another Yoga Alliance-approved school.
Requirements to Become a Yoga Alliance 500-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT500):
To become a Yoga Alliance 500-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT500), you can combine any 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training with the 300/500-Hour Prajna Yoga Teacher Training. Click here to learn more about the Yoga Alliance 300-Hour requirements.
All students seeking certification with Prajna Yoga are responsible for keeping track of their course work and hours completed. You can download the log sheet by clicking here. It is advised that students print out a Certification Log and keep it updated.
Upon completion of all requirements, please send this log along with any other supporting documentation indicated above to the Prajna Yoga office at [email protected]
“The trainings at Prajna Yoga are exceptionally valuable for professional yoga teachers, while simultaneously providing time for personal practice, retreat, and renewal. Tias and Surya are truly generous with their teachings, time, and energy. I plan to return again and again to study with these masters.”
– Keith Porteous | New Orleans, LA