- Sit on folded blanket with sole of right foot inside left thigh.
- Place a strap on the left foot and hold with two hands.
- Pull on the strap to incline and extend the spine so the chest comes over the
upper middle thigh.
- Gather tails of the strap and draw the shoulders back and down.
- With the arms straight, push the foot and thigh together.
- Raise the chest and chin.
- Maintain the expanse of the chest as you lower the chin from between the
Three Stages of Practice:
- Stage 1: Once in position, be aware of your natural breathing.
- Stage 2: Press the back of the left thigh down, and observe the left of the
abdominal organs and the freedom of the diaphragm.
- Final stage:
- Exhale completely and inhale into the chest.
- Keep the eyes and face relaxed.
- While gently retaining the breath, press the foot and thigh together to lift the pelvic floor and draw the organs up and back.
- Slowly and without strain while keeping the extension of spine and lift of the chest, release breath and the pelvic and abdominal grips.
- Repeat up to 3 to 6 cycles.
- Inhale, raise the head, and repeat on the second side.